Tearfund is looking for a Compliance and Safeguarding Officer
A new opportunity…
This role will play a critical part in Tearfund’s pursuit of best practice within its compliance and safeguarding. The role will lead and support the development of high quality compliance systems and related training. The role will also ensure assessment and reporting frameworks are integrated and implemented to ensure our regulatory and alliance accreditation commitments are met. As part of the focus of the work, the role will draft, consult, review and manage various policies and guidelines.
This will require
- A sound understanding of regulatory and legislative requirements, policy and best practice in relation to sector compliance standards
- The ability to provide leadership and advice, working collaboratively with Tearfund staff, project partners, other Tearfund agencies, and internal and external stakeholders to socialise and embed desired practices in these areas of work
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement and manage compliance obligations and related systems
To work at Tearfund is to live out your vocation; a space where your faith, passion for justice and skills intersect. Tearfund offers you the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need it the most. As part of the Tearfund team, you are part of a movement which works toward a just and compassionate world in which all people have the opportunity to achieve their God-given potential.
Is this you? To be successful in this role, you will have;
- Experience with policy and compliance systems development and implementation and interpreting relevant regulatory legislation and standards
- Ability to engage with and work collaboratively with Tearfund’s international and First People partners, demonstrating respect for their autonomy in achieving required outcomes
- Ability to demonstrate your understanding of Tearfund’s Christian ethos and values and integrate these into compliance systems and training
- Knowledge and experience around safeguarding and compliance standards, combined with demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy both numerical and written.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to create reports
- Relevant qualifications (i.e. legal, audit, compliance, business)
Tearfund is a Christian development, relief and advocacy organisation responding to global poverty and injustice. We work in partnership with our supporters towards the goal of more just and compassionate world. Tearfund offers generous salary packaging benefits, a friendly and flexible work environment, and the challenge to grow and explore in your faith and justice journey.
How to Apply
Send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]
In your cover letter tell us
- Why you’re keen to explore this role
- How your skills, passion and experience relate to the Position Requirements in the Position Description
Download the position description