We’re on the search for a passionate, dedicated Grassroots Electorate Leader in 26 priority electorates around Australia.
Together, with our friends at Common Grace, we're building a movement of everyday Australian Christians who will advocate for Australia to play a bigger role in contributing to the global effort to combat climate change. Learn more.
This role is for you if:
- You believe Christians have a role in speaking into the public sphere and you are excited by the opportunity to engage your local federal parliamentarian on issues of climate justice
- You are keen to show that ordinary, everyday Christians care about tackling the climate crisis, and you would like to see both sides of government commit to doing more
- You would like to learn more about political engagement and develop your skills as an advocate.
- You are excited about working with and leading others to work for urgent change on issues of climate justice.
You will work to:
- Establish and lead a local group of Christians from your electorate to take urgent action on climate justice.
- Work with your group to develop a localised plan for influencing your elected official on issues of climate justice.
- Listen to and represent the voice and story of your local constituency as it relates to issues of climate justice.
- Work alongside local churches and community groups with similar goals and aims.
- Commit to a minimum 9-12 month period in the role, and support a handover to a new leader if/when needed
You will be supported through:
- Participating in grassroots lobbying & political engagement training
- Ongoing support and coaching from the TEAR team
- Access to resources and learning opportunities, including bi-monthly national online meet-ups with guest speakers like Byron Smith, Jo Knight & Brooke Prentis
- Connection with other grassroots campaigners from right across Australia
We’d love to hear from you and together advocate to our political leaders for urgent action on climate change.
Apply today as a Grassroots Electorate Leader.