Over the past few decades, we have come closer than ever to ending extreme poverty. But right now, our world faces a pivotal moment. Without urgent action, the twin crises of COVID-19 and climate change threaten to undo so much of the hard-won progress that has been made.
Working together, we can empower individuals and communities facing poverty to unlock their God-given potential. Using our voices, skills, time and energy, we can transform the structures and systems which hurt, oppress and marginalise our world’s most vulnerable individuals and communities.
That’s why Tearfund is launching it's For All Creation Leadership Cohort. A year-long learning and action community, rooted in Christian conviction and discipleship, to empower grassroots leaders with the skills they need to lead climate justice action within their faith community.
As a cohort participant, you will be supported to form and lead your own action group that will develop a concrete plan for impact and take part in collective campaign action.
- Theological informed frameworks for justice and social change
- How to have conversations that shift attitudes and beliefs
- How to use your voice to advocate for change
- The art of storytelling and the power of your own story to engage others on issues of justice
- How to plan, gather others and take action in ways that lead to real change
- First-hand impact stories of how climate change is disproportionately impacting the world’s most vulnerable people.
- An exciting lineup of theologians and speakers.
- One to One Coaching and support
- Meaningful times of connection and celebration with a larger global movement of like-minded Christians seeking justice in the world (the Tearfund family!)
- Actively participating in the rhythms of the program including the weekend digital retreat and monthly seminars.
- Leading and forming an action group within the life of your faith community.
- Actively participating in the Tearfund campaigns and calls to action.
- Roughly 10 hours per month.
Key information and dates
- The leadership program will kick off in March and run until November, it will include
- A One-off Weekend digital retreat (Late March)
- Monthly Seminars via Zoom
- Ongoing local group meetings, planning and action
- The course has no cost.
- To apply to be a part of the Leadership Cohort follow the link below.
For more information contact: [email protected]
Please note - Applications close February 25.